The hottest show in Portland in September is also free: the nightly roosting of the Vaux’s Swifts that, tornado-like, funnel into the chimney of, among other places, Chapman Elementary School in NW Portland. The night’s silver screen might also feature a protagonist hawk waiting to catch his prey, that is if a swarm of swifts doesn’t circle back en masse to chase the hawk away amid whooping cheers from the audience. Read more about them on the Audubon Society of Portland’s website. Think Audubon should print this as a t-shirt next year? If so, hit the Like button and I’ll donate the art to them.
Popular This Week
- "If you want to learn about a culture, listen to the stories. if you want to change a culture, change the stories." —Michael Margolis 10 hours ago
- RT @EmbarkCreative: Ok!.....We want to make Oregon the best place in the world to build your startup. Join us. sflo.me/13QkxFU via @… 13 hours ago
- Anyone know how to make grey work area transparent in #photoshop CS6 so you can see your desktop when you close a photo? @Adobe 14 hours ago
- Signs of the times. "2013 Logo Trends" on LogoLounge.com: logolounge.com/article/2013lo… 2 days ago
- Looking forward to the opening of new culinary happening Old Salt in NE PDX facebook.com/OldSaltMarketp… 2 days ago